The Dallas real estate market today is a vibrant market of real estate transactions of many types across many areas within the Dallas metro area. Hiring a trusted real estate professional with years of experience in and around Dallas is crucial to help home buyers navigate the marketplace. For many, a home purchase is the largest transaction they will have in their lifetimes, so maximizing the investment and ensuring a quality long-term arrangement is of paramount concern. The CarrConner Realty Group helps buyers make the best home purchase decision while factoring in the individual or family lifestyle preferences and financial situation.
The following tips are worth considering if you’re in the market to buy a home:
- Analyzing comparable sales data will typically offer the best clues for the range in which a home might sell for. When doing such an analysis, be sure to consider properties in the same area or neighborhood.
- An appraiser will be necessary to provide a detailed estimate of the value of a home. The appraisal is also a major component of the financing process.
- Is the home bank owned or going through a foreclosure process? If the home is not being sold by a traditional home seller, the home buying process can be different, and the purchase price might be affected. Talk to your real estate agent if these situations are applicable.
- Are there multiple bids on the property? In the case where multiple buyers are pursing a single property, it will typically be more difficult to negotiate with the seller. Expect to pay closer to asking price in the scenario where multiple bids are on the property.
- How long has the property been listed as for sale? The length of time that the property has been on the market can be a factor in what a seller is willing to sell the home for.
- Location, location, location. The neighborhood or part of town where a property is located will often be a primary factor in determining the purchase price of a home. “Hot” areas in town will often have much higher home prices than other neighborhoods. The CarrConner Realty Group has the experience and market knowledge to help buyers find the best fit with regards to location.
- Similarly, school districts can be a factor in home price as homes zoned for quality schools are more attractive to more buyers.
- Cosmetic issues are fairly common with homes, but any serious structural issue will need to be fully understood prior to purchasing the property. A home inspection is a critical part of the home buying process to identify any problems with the property prior to closing. Depending on the results of the inspection, you may or may not request to re-negotiate terms of the sale with the seller.
- Have there been any major renovations done to the property? Were the renovations done by a professional? Major work done to a property outside of a professional contractor could result in problems in the future. Discuss any concerns in this area with a professional home inspector.
Are you in the market to purchase a home? Do you have any questions? Please contact the CarrConner Realty Group today: